Monday, December 5, 2022

Hints and tricks to stay on budget this holiday season.


I know, it seems like a strange holiday post coming from me.  However, over the years I have really perfected the art of staying on a christmas budget.  And I wanted to share those tips with you. 


*Calculate Costs. Once you know what you need to buy, you can start figuring out the costs. Probably not a good idea to share the total number with Kathleen, as a finance person she really focuses on where the money is going to come from.


*Find Ways to Cut Costs. One way I do this is cutting people off the party list or presents list.  Again, don’t tell Kathleen or Paul about this, because she thinks I’ve stopped doing this and he is horrified that I would even suggest it.


*Save Ahead, Don't Charge. Umm… Ok, I might have googled this list and originally thought this said Stay Ahead! Don’t Change!  IDK, is this an influencer slogan? Like those Gather signs you see in dining rooms?


*Make Saving Easy.  Honestly, I don’t even know what this means.  Have an eggnog with a shot of kahlua.


*Track Your Purchases. Oh this is a good one.  I totally do this!  I have been hiding my holiday purchases from Kathleen in one spot so I can keep track.  I mean I know how many bags I have, I’m fuzzy on the details of what I purchased and who I purchased it for but whatever.


*Comparison Shop and Buy Online. I’m pretty sure none of those words are in the bible.


*Use Cash. Better yet? Eat some cookies and drink some hot chocolate.  Way more enjoyable.


Wow, this budgeting stuff doesn't seem like very much fun. I’ll leave you with one final tip before I doze off. During the holiday season you should carry glitter in your pockets, so if anyone questions your holiday spending, you just throw glitter at them and yell “christmas magic” and then run away in the confusion.


Follow me for more budget planning tips!

1 comment:

  1. Who would ever guess you would post Christmas budgeting tips?? Not me.

    ReplyDelete

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...