Saturday, December 10, 2022

What Child is This?


Coming off of the last post I wanted something joyful to share.  Lucky for me God provides.  


Backstory: Readers of the blog and people that know me in the real world have heard me talk about my Bonus son.  In 2018 Kathleen and I became foster parents to a young man who was a friend of Matthew’s.  We had known him for a few years and were already close with him.  He needed a place to stay while he finished high school and figured out what his next steps were.  Then the pandemic hit… So Markese was with us slightly longer than he had planned. In that time, he become part of our family.  


After he moved out, he stayed in touch and would drop by to see us or occasionally hang out with Paul and Matthew.  In June he stopped by because he had something to tell us.  It took him a while, with nervous starts and restarts, but eventually he got it out.  He was going to be a father.


Which brings us to yesterday. In the middle of this complicated world we live in, this 21 year old man who we love so much, became a father.  The pictures, the text messages, the facetime calls, all of it has brought me so much joy.  I do not know that I have ever seen him smile so big.  As a family we are so happy for him, and for that new family.  I haven’t got to meet this sweet baby girl yet, although Kathleen got to be there yesterday to welcome that sweet baby girl.  I am pleased to share that this adorable December baby is, according to her father, a perfect angel.




1 comment:

  1. A beautiful celebration of the many ways God chooses us to be part of His story.

    ReplyDelete

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...