Monday, November 5, 2018

Snowmen At Christmas - Day 24


Pink Christmas Frames.

One of my Matthew’s favorite pink Christmas crafts this year are his pink Christmas picture frames.  We have made picture frames in the past as holiday gifts for friends and family.  Usually under my supervision we put stickers on the wood frames or decoupage holiday papers.  I like my holiday craft projects easy.  Matthew on the other hand. . .

In any case, here are the instructions. 

1.       Purchase the wood frames, and wood die cuts to glue to the frames.  You should also purchase your paint, paint brushes, glue and any other ribbon or knick knacks you want to use on the frames.  Or course this year we went with Pink and Green as the color scheme.

2.       The first step was to paint all the frames one color. Then wait for the paint to completely dry.  Matthew suggests waiting a week or so. You should paint the wood die cuts too.  When you paint the frames, not when the frames have dried.  Otherwise it takes too long.


3.       Next we used painter tape to tape off stripes on half of the frames. 


        Then we repainted the frames with the second color of paint.  Resist the urge to peel the painter tape off right away.  Ok, maybe just do one of them.

4.       The other half of the frames we painted with circles.  To do this, Matthew used the lids of the mini bottles, dipped them in the paint and pressed them to the wood to make the large round circles.  He used the paint brush to fill in the circles.  He and his brother Paul also used their fingertips to add the smaller circles.




5.       Do not forget to wait until the paint has dried. 

6.       Now you can pull the painter tape off. Plan on being surprised about how amazing it will look.

7.       The next step is to glue the wood die cuts onto the frames.

8.       After the die cuts you should glue the ribbon and any knick knacks or doo dads to the frames

9.       There was a lot of discussion about what pictures we should use.  Matthew was all for using old Christmas pictures.  I wanted to use the boy’s school pictures.  In the end we compromised and went with anything that actually fit within the frames. 







I hope you like the results.  My Matthew was very proud of himself.

1 comment:

  1. These are GREAT! Matthew, you have a cool talent for crafts and things. Keep at it! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...