Monday, November 5, 2018

Christmas Reminders



***HUGE MAJOR DISCLAIMER This blog entry contains some personal information I usually do not share with people because I don’t want to be one of those people who over share. Also I really think that some of this information is my private business and I don’t wish to discuss it, even with family members. Don’t worry, Kat knows about it.  I am sharing this information as it relates to Christmas, and I am not inviting a conversation about my fitness habits.

So here it is.  I work out.  Or, rather I was working out, on average of 3 times a week for the last 15 months or so.  I am on a temporary hiatus at the moment. Finances and a crazy work schedule that has me leaving work at 8pm are the reason for the break. I hate telling people because honestly, it's like I am inviting people to judge me for it. 

Prior to the break I had set alarms on my phone on the days I worked out to remind me to leave work in time to get to the fitness class on time.  Even though I am “on a break” The alarms are still set and they go off 3 days a week and now instead of reminding me to go work out, they remind me that I am not currently making time to take care of myself.

I think that maybe some of the visual and audible signs of Christmas are like those alarms.  Sometimes I see Christmas lights or hear Christmas music and I am annoyed and it makes me irritable because it is interrupting something else I am trying to do.  Sometimes I see the lights and hear the music and I am nostalgic and remember fondly Christmases past. Other times it motivates me to be kind, and do something meaningful for someone. 

What are your Christmas reminders?

3 comments:

  1. You don't need a gym. You can do simple (terrible) things at home. Let me know if you want grueling things to do :) What is family for? Haha

    I get nostalgic looking at people buying Christmas trees. They remind me of my parents and sisters who are so far away...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want you and Julie to get a tree for the two of you to decorate. Now that you are officially a family you should do that. :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh we put it up a couple weeks ago! You know your sis :)

    I remember the first time we had a tree of our own. I think that was a few years into the CA move. We were super duper poor, but I scoured the Penny Saver for an inexpensive tree. I found one for $5. There was a reason it was $5. haha I brought it home and the base was broken, but the people I bought it from had a tree stand used for real trees that they used for it. So, the tree kinda leaned to the side, but we were happy with our Charlie Brown Christmas tree. We bought ornaments from the dollar store and everything :).

    Now, we have a nicer fake tree. We still use the dollar store ornaments but we have also added ornaments through the years. One of the cooler ones is a nun with rainbow flag that your cousin Mark gave to us.

    ReplyDelete

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...