Thursday, February 2, 2023

Managing expectations

I think part of my issue, overall, is that I don’t do the greatest job of managing expectations.  Mostly my own.  I think I am sort of known for it. I have these pretty big visions of how I want Christmas to be and then I can’t quite get my dreams to reconcile with reality, and that leads to post holiday blues.  Also, something I am really sort of known for. January Blues, February Teals, March Aquas…


I know how to plan so that it doesn’t happen, I really do.  Under schedule yourself, lower the bar, plan small, schedule me time, prioritize mental health.  I know this, and yet…





In early December I was trying to explain this Paul, that I have a hard time managing my own expectations during the holidays, and then I end up feeling let down, by myself.  His wise response is that he was under the impression that I do this all the time.  Not just at the holidays.  Maybe so.  Maybe so.


So, maybe just go do some stuff you enjoy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...