Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Epiphany

Today marks the day that tradition says the 3 kings finally showed up with gifts for baby Jesus.  I realize that not everyone celebrates this and for many families Christmas is long over, all the decorations packed away, all the presents unwrapped and the detritus of the holiday swept away.  I like epiphany, I like leaving our decorations up until now, savoring the season just a few extra days. 

Not that I decorated our apartment.  I meant to, but I discovered that much of our Christmas stuff is still in storage in Colorado.  I did set up a silver tree at our party and I brought it home, and set it up in the living room, or at least I tried too, apparently Elvis kitty thought it was a gift for him, and attacked it, every time I stood it up, he would knock it back down.    At least I tried.

So  as I am wrapping up the holiday, I am looking back at this year’s blog.  I didn’t do a great job did I? 16 days? That’s less than last year.  I apologize for the poor showing, this year, like last year, after the party I was exhausted.  Too exhausted to blog apparently.   I guess I need to sandbag more entries for next year.

But since it is epiphany I thought I would end the Christmas season with a few extra posts.  I may not get to 25 posts this year, but let’s see if I can do better than last year, or at least come close.

Merry Christmas, and happy Epiphany.



No comments:

Post a Comment

2023.2

efore anyone points out that I am already behind, I know, believe me, I know.  I’m not offering excuses, today, but just letting you know, I...